Top Benefits Of Doing Investments In Construction Of New Real Estate
Buying new construction is a process, which dramatically differs from buying a used house with a history. Here, everything differs pricing principles, pros and cons, and available financing schemes. In this article, we’re looking at all these in detail.
What is newly constructed real estate?
A building (many-story or private) that has never been on the market before, which constructs right now or just recently was finished and that is sold by the builder, who is the first owner (but not dweller), is called new builds for sale.
New houses investment peculiarities
Buying it dramatically differs from buying a used home because:
- The selling process is different, which frequently includes financing schemes and purchasing of the rights for a new home when it is finished, not a currently existing home per se. This scheme is done differently in different states and countries, for instance, through bonds or special securities providing the rights of ownership, deposited to a bank account. Some schemes are more secure, some less.
- As there are many pitfalls in buying a newly constructed home, a buyer would probably need a good real estate agent. Preferably, the one deeply familiar with a builder & its objects – that’s in addition to necessarily being a market specialist in local laws and procedures.
- There is a different type of contract – not only about selling per se but about responsibility and terms of ending the construction (as you might be buying an unfinished one); it is also about what amenities there are, what type of finishing (if any), what the surrounding area will include (upon house/apartment sales day and/or in future/past days), and how are monthly/yearly installments of a buyer should be made (if the real estate is bought through a construction company’s financing scheme).
- And yes – there is the financing of the purchase directly from the seller, which can significantly differ from bank conditions on both sides, for worse or better. Sometimes, a builder can offer an interest-free installment plan, which might presume full repayment in the term of anything in between 1 and 20 years.
A new home is attractive for buyers because it is new – and we all love new things, from houses and cars to apparel and ice cream cocktails. How else is it attractive? We list a number of reasons in the next chapter.
Advantages of buying a new construction home
Location. This is the most important value-adding aspect of buying new construction. A part of it is a window view – sometimes, only this feature is able to double the price. You’ll probably do more money from an A-neighborhood real estate than from something located in stagnating or less-than-impressive hood. The price is affected by the schools and colleges around, nice roads, low crime rate, shops and salons around, and the things like that, which are of bigger interest of families and high-income high-value tenants or buyers.
Increased supply. How exactly you buy the new estate matters – whether it is an individual offer from a builder or something less available for natural persons like foreclosure, REO, short sale, wholesale listing, or a subscription-based only offer.
Maintenance costs. As entire everything in the new building is new, you probably won’t face such problems as a clogged piping, a leaking roof, or cracks in the walls. At least, not in 5-10 first years. Thanks to extremely low maintenance costs, this can be amazingly alluring for rented properties. However, at times, it is compensated by higher maintenance costs and property taxes.
More energy-efficient. New homes incorporate modern energy-saving requirements, some of which are more than just a rule of good tone but have already become market standards, or even legal demands. This can be AAA-energy-saving appliances, roof solar panels, modern heat insulation materials, carbon-footprint-free HVAC equipment, or even super energy-efficient heat pumps. These all lower your energy bills.
Finishing of the home/apartment can be made turnkey by a construction company. Some do it as an extra offer for free, some – with discounted pricing if ordered from them bundled with a home, and some allow winning it as part of promo campaigns.
Is a house a good investment at the earliest stage of a new project? Yes! You can grab the best price, which will significantly rise by the end of construction and commissioning processes. So you’ll win simply on reselling it, sometimes, heftily, especially if you tune it up a bit in the pre-sale preparation.
Disadvantages of newly constructed houses
- Higher pricing. Rough-finish new house/apartment might cost the same as a fully finished and equipped same-footage used house or apartment. Here, you pay for something new, which exploitation term has just begun, whilst a used real estate might have been standing here for 20… 200 years and needs thorough remake.
- There is a risk that some newly constructed houses will not be finished at all – construction fraudsters exist even today and they are hard and expensive to nail.
- Unknown territory. Making an offer on a new construction home, you might not know exact taxes for it, utility cost, or financing rate change. Some of that may increase dramatically the second or third year after the purchase, leaving you with a negative cash flow.
- A real estate agent for new construction may hide from you important negative aspects of the construction, like a bad reputation of a builder, the absence of some construction allowances, etc. (as he might be bribed).
- Tough to negotiate on price. Unlike new construction, the price of a new one is fixed and very rarely jumps below, leaving you no space for negotiation. What a seller can go for, however, is the cost of finishing, appliances, or adjacent purchases like the garage or discounted personal area for a bigger yard of a private home or on a roof/cellar of a many-story building – anything that’s bought from a builder or connected contractors. There are price discounts, however, which are a part of promos, like -5% for the last apartment.
An afterword about the construction investment
Finally, you might be interested, is it a good time to invest in real estate. In the US, this directly depends on the mortgage loan rates – when they are low, it is a good time to invest in new construction with bank financing. When they are mid to high, think of buying a used home and gain profit on it by means of such things as renovation + reselling or turning it into a rented estate. Also, there is a possibility of a passive income of buying and holding until the price grows.
When you have the full price of a house on your hands, a good investment time is defined by the economy’s condition: it’s wise to buy on the lowering and sell on the rising.
Jan 15, 2022
Existing-Home Sales Rise by 7% in September 2021, Surpassing Estimates
The median price (MP) for a US family home stood at $352,800 in September 2021, a decline in the MP. The last time the MP of a family home was at this level was November 2020, increasing ever since (in April 2021, it was $376,600, and in August 2021, $390,900). Nevertheless, home sales increased by seven percent in September compared to August, rising to an adjusted annual figure of 6,300,000 u...
Jan 6, 2022
Can rental properties be more than just additional income?
Real estate investments sound simple in theory: buy a property, flip it or rent it out, then invest your profits further until you are financially comfortable. In reality, gaining enough profit from your investments takes time and careful consideration, and those expecting a quick turnaround are left disappointed after conducting basic research into the matter. For those, returns from owning re...
Dec 28, 2021
5 Reasons Why Real Estate is a Stable Investment
Is real estate really one of the safest investments one can make? Even in these uncertain and insecure times, the answer is a resounding yes. In fact, a recent Gallup Poll showed it to be a preferred investment over gold, stocks, and mutual funds. As the population continues to grow and expound, space is limited, and land is not just something that can be made from thin air. Hence, it’s low-ris...
More about DGY
DGY is a real estate investment and property management company. Our experts have an impressive experience in turning businessmen into smart real estate investors. We collect limitless opportunities throughout the world’s best real estate markets and help our clients implement the best deals. We take care of all due diligence and customize documentation while your income grows. We also provide you with property management services so you can forget about the tiresome maintenance of several objects and entrust this process to professionals.
Investment advice and recommendations
DGY is an investment company that takes care of every client and helps them become successful investors. With the help of an investment experience and a well-thought plan, we will help you examine the market, choose a strategy specifically for you or your business, and calculate future costs to start making money with real estate investment.
In order to invest in real estate, you should consider how you will run your management in Ukraine. DGY will help you eliminate all possible pitfalls at an early stage as a personal project manager will be assigned to your case. They will assist you in choosing the project according to all required objectives.
DGY Investments takes care not only of purchasing property but also renovating an existing one. With the help of a thorough plan and estimating, we will thoroughly prepare a property for sale. Our professionals evaluate an investment property and create a strategy that includes the costs for renovation, possible taxes, fluctuations on the market, etc. Therefore, our clients are able to resell the renovated properties in Ukraine with more than 15-20% profit from the initial price.
Before our clients decide to deal with real estate investing, they consult with our experts concerning details such as the necessary documents needed to purchase a property and successfully run all the processes connected to it.
Therefore, if you are eager to invest in Ukraine, it’s essential to have all the paperwork done correctly, and that’s the moment when our team of experts takes care of this step. DGY Investments helps investors buy real estate property, manage the paperwork, start preparing relevant documents for purchasing realty in Ukraine, and close the deal successfully.
Real estate investment opportunities in Ukraine
When an investor decides to invest in real estate in Ukraine, the most affordable way to attain stable passive income is through buying residential real estate. Investors can expect to receive a regular monthly payment from their tenants at a fixed monthly amount, unaffected by inflation or other unforeseen circumstances. The amount of rental income will vary depending on the size, type of property and location. For example, buying an apartment in Ukraine’s capital Kyiv is beneficial to investors due to offering a large working population, central location and affordable prices. Hence, the minimum price of renting a decent one-bedroom apartment in Shevchenkivskyi District will be around $1000 per month in 2021, followed by Pecherskyi District with a cost of $850 per month. Besides, investing in real estate in Ukraine annually brings clever investors up to 15% of yield, attracting many business people every year.
Properties for investments in Ukraine
Ukraine has a giant sector for real estate investing. Businessmen who come there all over the world often choose between investing in residential and commercial properties. The main advantage of buying property in Ukraine is the affordability of prices on the houses and apartments. For instance, if you invest in real estate in a historical district, a luxurious apartment will cost you around $85k only.
How to invest in Ukrainian Real Estate
In order to invest in Ukrainian real estate, you should take into account a list of crucial factors. The first one is to choose what kind of realty you are going to invest in: residential or commercial. It is vital as it should comply with Ukrainian real estate law. The second tip is to identify the purpose of purchase in order to make a strategy for the property. For instance, you may purchase the property for your own use or buy it for lease. The next step is to calculate the taxes and what kinds of taxes are payable during the purchase, owning, or selling. Also, to invest in real estate properly, you should keep in mind currency control rules in Ukraine to sell a property and get a higher profit.